Cross County Realty Inc. specializes in making the buying experience as enjoyable and free of stress as possible. Our extensive knowledge of both the real estate market and financing options give our agents a unique perspective in helping a buyer find a house that suites their needs and their budget. Allow us to:
- Counsel you one on one about the home buying process and answer all of your questions
- Assist you in determining the price range that will meet your needs
- Assist you in the pre-approval process with a lender to maximize your negotiation leverage
- Show you properties that you have interest in
- Help you negotiate a fair price on the home you desire
- Actively participate in your transaction from our first meeting through your closing
Financing is one of the most important parts of buying a home yet it often gets overlooked. Before you decide on your price range, you should consult a mortgage broker or banker to discuss your loan options, determine your price range and get pre-approved. While we (a real estate agent) cannot take the place of a licensed mortgage professional, we can offer you the following advice:
- Consider all applicable factors when determining your total monthly payment. Your total monthly payment includes more than just interest and principal; you may also need to factor in taxes insurance, mortgage insurance & association fees depending on the loan and /or property.
- Become educated as to the different program options available to you; fixed rate loans, adjustable rate loan, balloons, interest only loans and multi-option payment programs offer different benefits to different people.
- Examine the costs of your loan. While there are costs for obtaining financing, costs may differ substantially between lenders and brokers. Become educated about mortgage specific fees such as points, origination fees, processing fees and other related fees before signing any agreement.
- Have a pre-approval prior to making an offer. An offer almost always looks more attractive when the buyer has taken the appropriate steps to become a qualified buyer.